Linda...Thanks so much for sharing your story again. It really is so special. You are very blessed to have known someone as special as your husband.
My four favorite AG items are gifts from my husbandand children. Addy...back when she was first released, and my hand crafted Addy trunk, are gifts from my husband. I'll never forget him telling me to order Addy...as a special gift from him. I think it was in October of 1993. We were standing in our mudroom, and the mail had just come, with a catalog that had the new AG doll, Addy Walker in it. We had two young kids. DH and DS were beginning to collect small scale tractors and equipment, and DD had just gotten Samantha that past spring. DH knew that I wanted a doll so DD and I could play. I was standing there looking at her...oohing and ahhing...and he said, " Order her. I want you to have her from me." I remember hesitating a moment then giving him a giant hug, and running off and ordering Addy and her school outfit.
For Christmas last year, DH made me a trunk for Addy. It's the most beautiful thing. He made it in our "shop", which is actually the old buggy barn on our farm. He hid it in his parents basement until Christmas. The best feature is a lock on the front that was his ancestors. It's from the civil war era, and is the coolest thing. The trunk has a lift out tray, which means he actually studied the trunk in the AG catalog!
For my b-day last year, DH and the kids ordered me Nellie, and that was a story in itself! And then a couple of years ago, DS ordered me Addy's Cape Island dress!!!!
DH has something up his sleeve for this Christmas. I suspect it's something he's planning to handcraft, and is for my dolls. He keeps torturing me with hints that mean nothing! LOL!!!!
Yes...AG gifts given to me by others mean so, so much more to me than things I purchase for myself. [img]smile.gif[/img]
